Skip to main content

RUMOUR/GOSSIP


At first,i wanted to write about dramatic people but i don't know if there could be a drama without the help of gossip and rumours. While gossip is an unrestrained conversation about people and their private lives which are not confirmed to be true,rumour on the other hand is a report of uncertain or doubtful truth.I think there is something missing in the definition else we are all gossips and rumour spreaders'.

If you tell your friend 'i heard Mr A did this while B reacted this way',that is a harmless conversation.Its only when your friend goes to say Mr C reacted other than B that it becomes a gossip because he has has told a different person and there is a lie involved.I get the fact that you shouldnt't pry on peoples lives but lets be realistic; those who say average minds discuss people what exactly do they mean...that when they are with their clique they are always talking about changing the world, money and career or when you are with your best friend,you preach to yourselves on how to meet Jesus...NEWS FLASH;it's people who are involved with money,career and the rest,so you definitely will talk about people.

DRAMATIC PEOPLE
Some people are addicted to problems.I mean,they are either the root of any issue or somewhere along the line their name pops up and they are involved in a very unrelated way.It has become a way of life for them that if they have something close to peace, they need to bring up an issue so they themselves can feel normal in the midst of sabotage.One common thing about dramatic people,they always have a backup plan"someone to blame".Either God who created them and with the aid of their parents brought them to the world or their friends or some unrelated person.There just has to be someone.
They do not realize that they unconsciously love being the centre of every discussion even while they get depressed for it;NOTE:their depression attracts people to them and in a way that's what they need so they could effortlessly find more people to blame or gather enough self pity,thereby creating a forum for excuse not to drag themselves out of the mud they got drown in..Really,some one is pitying  pampering me and i am the trending topic,say no more i will remain in this mud forever.

Those who love drama do not realize that what they love doing is like building a house and the many people who either come to pity or find out what happened or even try to settle their issues are like tenants or site surveyors who may likely lose the key to that building but have you locked in with your drama.Dramatic people make everything about them and how uncomfortable they are, without realizing that they also make every other persons existence(to be specific those close to them) an exercise in their own comfort.

BAD RUMOURS

Yea,bad rumours because there could be a good one. Rumours,good or bad spread fast and it feels like people unconsciously expected it,no wonder David said"do not let my enemies say aha that is what we wanted".Like when someone breaks a glass and waits for you to step on it so they could blame you for not being careful.
We spread rumours of things that may or may not be true,we talk about people and what we heard without even thimking of what will be the fate or state of mind of the person in question after the story goes wild especially if at the end it was a false story.Will they ever remain the same?.You do not need to fly at night to be a witch,you don't also need chains to make slaves out of people.One unnecessary rumour is enough.
When you say things that aren't true about someone,you do not realize you are creating two kinds of hell; one for you and the other for the person being dissected.Funny enough,you still question yourself on the reason  why there are so much chaos going on in your life without realizing while you were creating hell for someone else, you furnished a room for yourself too.Now both of you are in hell.
In whatever you do get wisdom,until a rumour meets someone with wisdom it cannot be stopped.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Men

Dear men, Scratch that . Dear society, you know; never mind. I keep saying I want to have just boys because I want to teach them that being a guy isn't so much of a big deal,we all got blood running through our veins. When I listen to some guys speak it gets me annoyed,confused and a whole rush of different emotions I can't put into words. A woman speaks up for herself and she is labeled aggressive. Read the reason I left Feminism A woman tells you this is what she can put up with and y'all say she got an attitude that would lead her no where.  Well, I don't want to go no where with you and that mentality. When a guy does any of this some how the word personality appears in the dictionary and everyone goes on and on saying thats just his personality,"Its a masculine thing". Well, you are damn right it's a feminine thing that i won't put up with any thing you believe a woman should put up with simply because she is a woman and if it takes m

On Being A Feminist

The other day I was privileged to attend an event, it wasn't necessarily a church program but it centered around Christianity and women. So of course the guest speakers would be women but one was particularly very interesting. This lady  went on and on about how Christian women should act, which I agreed for the most part and learnt new  things. However, she took me aback with a particular statement she made "you can't be a Christian and a feminist". She went ahead to attempt to back up her claim by saying "feminism is a cult group". At this point the only thing I could utter was Hmmm, wahala dey o. I immediately had to google the meaning of feminism and right after I searched for misandry. I know there has been a lot of attack on people who identify as a feminists but this was the first time I heard "...you can't be both a Christian and a feminist". I had a lot of questions as you might have guessed. I honestly just wanted to understand where

My Identity Crisis

  Oh, hello This is uum kind of awkward. You would think after doing this for so many years, I would be so courageous and confident to stand before a crowd. It's almost like every event I'm invited for,is a chance to stand on the stage again for the very first time.  Somehow I believe that's the beauty of it all, the nervousness, excitement, the adrenaline spike that rushes through my body helping me prepare so I don't get so comfortable in my God-given abilities and slip up. Well, as some of you may know My name is Emediong Francis Udoudoh and I wear many hats but for this event, I choose to wear my green public speaking hat. Can I have a seat please? I hope that's fine yea, okay I think I would be more comfortable if I assume the friendly kind of vibe position. Thank you very much. So, as I was saying my self and my green hat we want to talk you today about identity. As many of you may know, I am the founder of Dimensionsofgold conglomerate but what you don't