Skip to main content

The Breakups





You know when you read so many books there is a tendency for you to assume you know a lot.You actually do know a lot but does this massive chunks of knowledge you are acquiring align with Gods word.
There are no grey areas with God and no matter how we try to justify our decisions, somethings will always remain wrong.
So this is me reading anything i can pick on about relationship,life and so many self help books.My book shelf seems like i'm crazy and even when i know no one is perfect i get into a relationship with a list of what whoever i am with should look like.
I get in with an expectation that has nothing to do with what God wants for me,i just get in to satisfy my needs.
So i meet you,i  immediately assume my therapist job and analyse everything about you,every conversation and view point then i place your flaws before you.
That's weird right;yea,i know.When i see you,i see your flaws,so i make a decision if i can put up with it or not.
So my numerous books made me feel i knew exactly what love looked like or better still what my imperfect love will look like,so i made a list and filtered everything i didn't want.
Some things i felt i would be comfortable with regardless of what God says but one thing about stepping out of Gods will,you might feel comfortable,but at a point something will get missing and you will want more.
So stepping out of Gods purpose will cause you to keep searching thereby inviting discomfort.
1st Corinthians 13:4-7 should have been what i made my list from but i sugar coated Gods word and made my list from what society expects in a relationship but who can deceive God.
I keep chanting that His will for me are of good to give me an expected end but most decisions i make are out of his will but yet i keep waiting for an expected end from God.It doesn't work that way.If your choices are out of His will, be rest assured that the expected end is in your hands.


So,list one came and the very things that i wanted,the things i wrote and asked God for turned me off.
He looked like an answered prayer because when you go against Gods plan,you basically answer your prayers.Things will take form and place,but it is mostly psychological.You want a tall guy,its easy now to notice every tall guy around because you are consciously seeking for one.
I made some changes and list two arrived,almost made it seem like i had everything at my feet.It was exciting but terrifying,so i had to step out from this aura and watch myself,i looked so happy but watching myself from myself i knew it wouldn't take long for me to fight a battle because slowly i started immersing myself in an unknown world.
I started accepting things i knew out rightly were wrong because when you don't invite God into your decisions,when you don't make him the center of it,every bad thing begins to have a good side.So it might look bad from the beginning,you know it is wrong but constant interaction with it makes you get comfortable with it and it becomes good.But do not be deceived evil communication corrupts good manners.

The list on one hand made me conclude that yes there should be compromises in a relationship but most importantly you shouldn't be with someone who isn't on the same wavelength with you.
There should't be too much things to accept or change,lets not be talking about God before dating and when we start dating,you bring up topics that doesn't glorify God and yes even your chats should glorify God.
He sees it anyway.

The list ended up making me meet different people who eventually leaves me better than when we met but most importantly made me conclude that each person i have been with is preparing me for the man God has for me.
So now tall,fat,slim, short...all that doesn't matter.
What you say has to match your character
my energy needs to align with yours
I need to see God in you
no,i won't let you make me have a Luke warm relationship with God
you have to be more passionate about God than i am.
Each breakup made me realize i'm such a passionate person but in the midst of all that passion i'm quick to end things if it doesn't match my energy.
And i'm crazy to believe that each break up is an opportunity to meet a better person.
I tried to learn how to settle for a few moment of passion and hundreds of question and self doubts and that's one thing about stepping outside of Godswill,you end up settling for mediocre.
My passion deceives me most times so i get clouded by it and i don't notice lukewarm,but that's what we have God for.
Whatever you need,ask in my sons name.So yea,there is always a chance to ask for the Holyspirit to direct you.
God created me with so much passion,so i can't just shut the passion
I can't just let any one ignite and ignore me
so in summary,date within Godswill. Life is much easier with and in God.

With that being written,
I'm Emediong and this is DimensionsofGold.

Comments

  1. Quite introspective. :-) Sometimes, life goes on and we wish for things. Only to realise we didn't really want them anyway. Either way you're right, the only way through this storm is inviting God in and letting him take control.

    Really enjoyed reading this.

    Great work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea...change is part of life or rather changing means you are living

    ReplyDelete
  3. True. That's indeed part of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say this is one of the best piece you have. its very interesting. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Put your head on my shooooool

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Men

Dear men, Scratch that . Dear society, you know; never mind. I keep saying I want to have just boys because I want to teach them that being a guy isn't so much of a big deal,we all got blood running through our veins. When I listen to some guys speak it gets me annoyed,confused and a whole rush of different emotions I can't put into words. A woman speaks up for herself and she is labeled aggressive. Read the reason I left Feminism A woman tells you this is what she can put up with and y'all say she got an attitude that would lead her no where.  Well, I don't want to go no where with you and that mentality. When a guy does any of this some how the word personality appears in the dictionary and everyone goes on and on saying thats just his personality,"Its a masculine thing". Well, you are damn right it's a feminine thing that i won't put up with any thing you believe a woman should put up with simply because she is a woman and if it takes m

On Being A Feminist

The other day I was privileged to attend an event, it wasn't necessarily a church program but it centered around Christianity and women. So of course the guest speakers would be women but one was particularly very interesting. This lady  went on and on about how Christian women should act, which I agreed for the most part and learnt new  things. However, she took me aback with a particular statement she made "you can't be a Christian and a feminist". She went ahead to attempt to back up her claim by saying "feminism is a cult group". At this point the only thing I could utter was Hmmm, wahala dey o. I immediately had to google the meaning of feminism and right after I searched for misandry. I know there has been a lot of attack on people who identify as a feminists but this was the first time I heard "...you can't be both a Christian and a feminist". I had a lot of questions as you might have guessed. I honestly just wanted to understand where

My Identity Crisis

  Oh, hello This is uum kind of awkward. You would think after doing this for so many years, I would be so courageous and confident to stand before a crowd. It's almost like every event I'm invited for,is a chance to stand on the stage again for the very first time.  Somehow I believe that's the beauty of it all, the nervousness, excitement, the adrenaline spike that rushes through my body helping me prepare so I don't get so comfortable in my God-given abilities and slip up. Well, as some of you may know My name is Emediong Francis Udoudoh and I wear many hats but for this event, I choose to wear my green public speaking hat. Can I have a seat please? I hope that's fine yea, okay I think I would be more comfortable if I assume the friendly kind of vibe position. Thank you very much. So, as I was saying my self and my green hat we want to talk you today about identity. As many of you may know, I am the founder of Dimensionsofgold conglomerate but what you don't