Skip to main content

Not For Better, Nor For Worse

"I do not take you to be my lawful wedded husband
I promise not to have and hold you from this day forward,
till death do us part"

The transcript for this new age or woke generation however you want to describe it doesn't have "honoring vows" as part of its guidelines. 
Our vocabulary seem to have a lot of breakups and divorce instead of commitments and it makes me question the need of making vows if we won't at least try to make it last forever.
What's the need of saying ''I do'' when what you are really saying is "I do only when it's smooth"
We view relationships as something we can easily get out from and as much as we should have the liberty to get out of a relationship when it doesn't align with our purpose anymore we seem to have taken that liberty too far.

Each one of us has a different definition of love and when we come together it becomes a clash of the titans.
God knowing this would happen gave us a clear picture of what love should look like in 1st Corinthians 13:4-8 Love is patient, love is kind. 
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 
 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 
 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

 We see loyalty as something to be proud of when it should be a standard.
Cheating is almost like B for ball so when we find someone who is actually loyal we celebrate them.
How do you celebrate someone who is breathing oxygen?



There is no such thing as "meant to be".
At least that's what I like to believe but if you say there is then how come in your life you have met about 10 people you felt there were all meant to be?
How come you have met people you clicked with from get go as though you have known each other for ages and down the line you become strangers again?
What if the problem isn't "there is no meant to be" but we don't actually get to the level where we can decide we are not meant to be.
What if it is really in our place to show up and actually make it happen?
What if it is our place to actually be meant for each other?
At least that way we will find out if we are meant to be or not.



In a world where connection is everything, we seem to take pleasure in holding our feelings back, we take pride in not loving to the fullest because we might get hurt.
Protecting yourself sounds like a valuable reason not to love to the fullest but if you have made a vow again I will ask what was the need of those vows if you won't love to the fullest, if you won't love as Christ commanded us to?


With that being written,
I am Emediong and this is 
Dimensionsofgold.







Comments

  1. Woof. Strong points and down to earth true talks. Love the way you have layed emphasis on this aspect of life. Bringing out the already known truth that people tend to bury away. Nice work Emmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These points raised are the same points many people connect to so much but in some ways are too afraid to speak about.

    I love the idea of the post as well as it's execution. People need to understand the need for balance as well emotion. Denying what you feel won't help much, admitting and facing it headon will.

    And sometimes loving someone involves making conscious decisions to love the person.

    Well done for this post. Really really loved it. :-) 🙌🏾🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I think in our generation we believe too much on past experiences and peoples experience and we get too scared to live our own.
    "Men are scum"
    "Women are scam" is what is preached daily on our social media.
    We see post saying "my brother if you don't have money she'll leave you for someone who does "

    So as a lad, you don't have money, but then you're falling for her and all u can think of is "when will she leave me" . You're thinking, if I profess my love to her, it'll hurt more when she's leaving.

    I totally agree with the writer but there's a point in a relationship I call "the business end of the relationship". That's the point where little jokes won't be funny, that's the point where the person knows what joke you'll probably crack next. That's the point where if I take her out for lunch she'll act up because I could have used the money for something else or I could have given her the cash to cook which would be less expensive.


    So I think people can't stand the business end of a relationship, they just want it to be thrills and chills all the way. Well, it definitely can't happen like that.


    So that's why sometimes I chase her for so long only to let her go, because I feel she won't be able to withstand the business end of it all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand where you are coming from a bit.I will read about the business end of a relationship.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Men

Dear men, Scratch that . Dear society, you know; never mind. I keep saying I want to have just boys because I want to teach them that being a guy isn't so much of a big deal,we all got blood running through our veins. When I listen to some guys speak it gets me annoyed,confused and a whole rush of different emotions I can't put into words. A woman speaks up for herself and she is labeled aggressive. Read the reason I left Feminism A woman tells you this is what she can put up with and y'all say she got an attitude that would lead her no where.  Well, I don't want to go no where with you and that mentality. When a guy does any of this some how the word personality appears in the dictionary and everyone goes on and on saying thats just his personality,"Its a masculine thing". Well, you are damn right it's a feminine thing that i won't put up with any thing you believe a woman should put up with simply because she is a woman and if it takes m

On Being A Feminist

The other day I was privileged to attend an event, it wasn't necessarily a church program but it centered around Christianity and women. So of course the guest speakers would be women but one was particularly very interesting. This lady  went on and on about how Christian women should act, which I agreed for the most part and learnt new  things. However, she took me aback with a particular statement she made "you can't be a Christian and a feminist". She went ahead to attempt to back up her claim by saying "feminism is a cult group". At this point the only thing I could utter was Hmmm, wahala dey o. I immediately had to google the meaning of feminism and right after I searched for misandry. I know there has been a lot of attack on people who identify as a feminists but this was the first time I heard "...you can't be both a Christian and a feminist". I had a lot of questions as you might have guessed. I honestly just wanted to understand where

My Identity Crisis

  Oh, hello This is uum kind of awkward. You would think after doing this for so many years, I would be so courageous and confident to stand before a crowd. It's almost like every event I'm invited for,is a chance to stand on the stage again for the very first time.  Somehow I believe that's the beauty of it all, the nervousness, excitement, the adrenaline spike that rushes through my body helping me prepare so I don't get so comfortable in my God-given abilities and slip up. Well, as some of you may know My name is Emediong Francis Udoudoh and I wear many hats but for this event, I choose to wear my green public speaking hat. Can I have a seat please? I hope that's fine yea, okay I think I would be more comfortable if I assume the friendly kind of vibe position. Thank you very much. So, as I was saying my self and my green hat we want to talk you today about identity. As many of you may know, I am the founder of Dimensionsofgold conglomerate but what you don't