Skip to main content

Types of classmates

So today am writing about the different types of classmates we all have and believe me we have different categories where you will belong too..yes you.


The ''know it all'':
These are classmates that feel they know it all but they don't. I mean those people who feel they have an idea about what they teacher is saying but really what they are saying is totally unrelated to what is being taught and you know what, they go on and on saying things that sounds correct but are totally useless.So in gratitude for speaking up,thanks for salvaging the atmosphere because we were all about to remain silent till the teacher answers his question but you felt you did us good by announcing to the teacher that you are dumb and you can't help it because now the teacher has to wrap his head 360 times around what you just said and assume you are partially correct therefore acknowledging your dumbness.


The genius:
These are people who do not only read every single word on that days topic but also read the next topic.They do not only read ahead of their teachers,they read ahead,ahead,ahead and ahead of their teachers.The read encyclopedias,wikipedias,use goggle,you tube and any other means available on planet earth.These people can answer any question thrown at them by the teachers no matter how twisted it could be,so they now give the teacher the impression that student like myself also have an idea of what they are saying.Like slow down Mr genius,those things you are answering are not in today's topic,today's topic is already alot for me to study even if it is one page.These people make the rest of the class to zone out and never zone in because at that moment it is no more a class but a conversation between the teacher and that particular student while the rest are just watching a show they have no idea of.


The loud whisperers:
You can find these ones during lectures.They maintain the last roll so they give themselves the impression that no one will hear them.These people make life so difficult for students that feel the anointing of understanding will only rest on them during lectures,so they do not read before hand but are planning to study during lectures.So now, the anointing is flowing and am feeling like Ben Carson because i totally understand what am reading then suddenly they start whispering....... just tell me,what do you want me to do now?? you want me to go to class unprepared because i refused to do study in the hostel;because i knew i had an alternative place to study and now you are ruining my alternative choice.Were you not taught economics in secondary school?.we make alternative choices and this was my alternative choice and you as group have chosen to destroy it..Thank you
.

Those who come late to class:
Especially during lectures.Just chill, wait for break before you come in...stop diverting my attention because each time you come in i have to lift my face from what i was doing..to see who came in because am not interested in what is being taught and that is a major stress on my facial muscles.Sometimes my eyes hurt because of the facial expression you all give while coming in....you are late so why are you surprised that people are in the auditorium,why do you have to make it obvious that you are uncomfortable being the centre of attention because now every ones focus is on you and you can't even sit in front when that was the seat reserved for you.You want to sit at the back....WHY. I roll my eyes at least a 100 times for those that come in late as a group and did not plan outside that the last person who comes in needs to shut the door behind them. Really,as you were walking towards the auditorium the door was closed and you had to open it before you could come in.That door was closed to enable us distinguish between people like you and myself and now you can't shut the door so it would seem like we are all equal..no no no..shut the door behind you please...for your sake.





Those that are never prepared:
For some weird reasons i feel these are special group of people,you know why...because sometimes am in this group.Just some times,only for language class and some lectures.These people are of two categories,those that have an idea of the course for that day but solely decide to be a jackass..we just go to class without  a book or pen.And we are smart because we usually have a back up plan.There have to be a Comfort or Deborah who borrows us their notes and pen that automatically becomes ours because we never return them, not because we do not want to but because we have misplaced them..you really can't blame us.,Can you?..no.And the second category...those that do not even have an idea of what the day is..they just go to school because they see others going or because they do not want to be marked absent.


Those that talk too much:
Especially after the weekend...please chill,i too did not miss out on the weekend,I had an amazing and wonderful weekend but do you see me going on and on about it NO, that is because am still trying to understand why 00:01am was a Friday and suddenly today is a Monday.I am trying to reset my brain back to school and each time you start talking about the fun you had ,my brain automatically reset itself back to the weekend and when am asked a question in class all my brain can interpret is fun,weekend,sleep.Sometimes i am trying to see how smart i am by recalling what i studied and you are talking and then the teacher enters the class.Good,great job.You deserve a medal,now i don't even know what i don't know because after the class was too late for you to share your ideas on how to have an amazing weekend.


Those that ask questions at the wrong time:
Do you know what it takes me to sit a whole or sometimes double para to listen to one teachers sermon,to watch your facial expressions while you pretend to understand and relate to what is being taught,to refresh Instagram the 100th time because i keep seeing the same story and to start chatting with unnecessary people simply because am bored and while i am in this state,your brain did not send signals to other part of your brain for a need to convey a meeting and discuss the  part of the topic or lecture where they do not understand.5 minutes remaining,your brain performs the work of a week in few seconds and reminds you of  something you read thousand of years ago but simply because it is related to that topic or course in an unrelated way or a statement the teacher made while teaching that you did not understand.5 minutes remaining and am so glad this episode of the boring movie i was forced to watch is coming to an end...you suddenly ask your question.Tell me,how do you feel..does that make you satisfied,do you suddenly become the next Bill Gates,does that give you a goodnight sleep.Oh,that question made your day and you are feeling like a superhero,so fulfilled. On behalf of all the other students,stop asking questions at the wrong time,we know you are smart and we are the dumb ones but pocket your smartness while we are still pocketing our dumbness because one day an ambulance and a police waggon will be waiting for the whole class just at the door and trust me you will be the one in the ambulance IN PIECES.


TO BE CONTINUED....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Men

Dear men, Scratch that . Dear society, you know; never mind. I keep saying I want to have just boys because I want to teach them that being a guy isn't so much of a big deal,we all got blood running through our veins. When I listen to some guys speak it gets me annoyed,confused and a whole rush of different emotions I can't put into words. A woman speaks up for herself and she is labeled aggressive. Read the reason I left Feminism A woman tells you this is what she can put up with and y'all say she got an attitude that would lead her no where.  Well, I don't want to go no where with you and that mentality. When a guy does any of this some how the word personality appears in the dictionary and everyone goes on and on saying thats just his personality,"Its a masculine thing". Well, you are damn right it's a feminine thing that i won't put up with any thing you believe a woman should put up with simply because she is a woman and if it takes m

On Being A Feminist

The other day I was privileged to attend an event, it wasn't necessarily a church program but it centered around Christianity and women. So of course the guest speakers would be women but one was particularly very interesting. This lady  went on and on about how Christian women should act, which I agreed for the most part and learnt new  things. However, she took me aback with a particular statement she made "you can't be a Christian and a feminist". She went ahead to attempt to back up her claim by saying "feminism is a cult group". At this point the only thing I could utter was Hmmm, wahala dey o. I immediately had to google the meaning of feminism and right after I searched for misandry. I know there has been a lot of attack on people who identify as a feminists but this was the first time I heard "...you can't be both a Christian and a feminist". I had a lot of questions as you might have guessed. I honestly just wanted to understand where

My Identity Crisis

  Oh, hello This is uum kind of awkward. You would think after doing this for so many years, I would be so courageous and confident to stand before a crowd. It's almost like every event I'm invited for,is a chance to stand on the stage again for the very first time.  Somehow I believe that's the beauty of it all, the nervousness, excitement, the adrenaline spike that rushes through my body helping me prepare so I don't get so comfortable in my God-given abilities and slip up. Well, as some of you may know My name is Emediong Francis Udoudoh and I wear many hats but for this event, I choose to wear my green public speaking hat. Can I have a seat please? I hope that's fine yea, okay I think I would be more comfortable if I assume the friendly kind of vibe position. Thank you very much. So, as I was saying my self and my green hat we want to talk you today about identity. As many of you may know, I am the founder of Dimensionsofgold conglomerate but what you don't