Skip to main content

How To Come Up With Gift Ideas


Since I basically share every detail about me on this blog, have you managed to find out the 101 of my life?
 If you haven't I'm here to the rescue:
1.Do not surprise me
0.Before you buy me any gift
1.Please kindly let me know

I'm not just going to leave you hanging, we will get to the bottom of this very strange  101 so stay tuned
Alright,
Growing up, from the oversized and uncomfortable uniforms I had to the wedding gifts my parent received, I realized people just buy stuff for you because they want to not necessarily because you need it and I think that's laziness.

I kept hoping something would change as my age continued to add another number, unfortunately this gene of laziness had been passed down from generation to generation but I serve a living God and he has given me the power to cast, bind and throw into the pit of hell every gene of laziness.

I believe gifts should be thoughtful and 101 of being thoughtful is actually the thoughts that manifest itself from thinking which brings me to today's topic.
We can all agree it's sort of difficult to come up with gift ideas for men so I will be writing 3 ways I would come up with great gifts for my man.

1. I will listen and pay attention

Men do not talk a lot; that's a stereotype I know do not apply to all men but when a man talks if you pay attention you can sort of get a rough note of his passion, wishes and interest. 
So, instead of buying him another shirt or wallet, I will take note when he said he needed a new pair of socks because the old ones are getting worn out.
This doesn't mean when I see a shirt that would look good on him I won't get it, I will but knowing my man He probably has 20 nice shirt another one will just make it 21 there's nothing special about that compared to the fresh pair of socks he actually needs and will use.
Emphasis on "will use" because if you get him an additional shirt it becomes an option one of many so he can either put it on now and never again or wear it on your 20th wedding anniversary.

2. Men likes things with a function, something that has usefulness with a long lifespan.

Now, if your man is like mine ,then he is probably always thinking of ways to solve some sort of economical problems so in addition to the wants I think he should have, I will buy him a pack of pen and diaries in different shades and designs so whatever mood he is in he has options of note pads to write on which is something he actually needs.
If he walks in a cooperate environment, you can buy the jeans, and t-shirt which he will be grateful for when you guys go strolling or on a date but if you get a suit or  a tie something he will wear 5 times in a week compared to the sneakers he will put on for 5 hours, you will get that woah expression.
Benefits of woah
1.It will be genuine because he knows you didn't just buy something for him on a whim or because you had to but because you are interested in his life.
2.He would trust you with gifts and trust they say is 101 of any relationship.

Buying a lawyer t-shirts and jeans is like buying a tech guy suits and ties. They will use it here and there but do they have any tangible need for 10 of it? no.

3. I will ask for his wish list and surprise him

 Because instead of walking through the valley of the shadow of assumptions we should normalize asking people what they want and surprise them with it.
Surprise shouldn't always be a mystery and if you think about it, it's still a surprise because they don't exactly know what you are getting for them.
All they know is; what they need is what they will be getting and I have never seen a less stressful life than this.


With that being written
My name is Emediong and this is
Dimensionsofgold

Please subscribe and share, thank you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Men

Dear men, Scratch that . Dear society, you know; never mind. I keep saying I want to have just boys because I want to teach them that being a guy isn't so much of a big deal,we all got blood running through our veins. When I listen to some guys speak it gets me annoyed,confused and a whole rush of different emotions I can't put into words. A woman speaks up for herself and she is labeled aggressive. Read the reason I left Feminism A woman tells you this is what she can put up with and y'all say she got an attitude that would lead her no where.  Well, I don't want to go no where with you and that mentality. When a guy does any of this some how the word personality appears in the dictionary and everyone goes on and on saying thats just his personality,"Its a masculine thing". Well, you are damn right it's a feminine thing that i won't put up with any thing you believe a woman should put up with simply because she is a woman and if it takes m

On Being A Feminist

The other day I was privileged to attend an event, it wasn't necessarily a church program but it centered around Christianity and women. So of course the guest speakers would be women but one was particularly very interesting. This lady  went on and on about how Christian women should act, which I agreed for the most part and learnt new  things. However, she took me aback with a particular statement she made "you can't be a Christian and a feminist". She went ahead to attempt to back up her claim by saying "feminism is a cult group". At this point the only thing I could utter was Hmmm, wahala dey o. I immediately had to google the meaning of feminism and right after I searched for misandry. I know there has been a lot of attack on people who identify as a feminists but this was the first time I heard "...you can't be both a Christian and a feminist". I had a lot of questions as you might have guessed. I honestly just wanted to understand where

My Identity Crisis

  Oh, hello This is uum kind of awkward. You would think after doing this for so many years, I would be so courageous and confident to stand before a crowd. It's almost like every event I'm invited for,is a chance to stand on the stage again for the very first time.  Somehow I believe that's the beauty of it all, the nervousness, excitement, the adrenaline spike that rushes through my body helping me prepare so I don't get so comfortable in my God-given abilities and slip up. Well, as some of you may know My name is Emediong Francis Udoudoh and I wear many hats but for this event, I choose to wear my green public speaking hat. Can I have a seat please? I hope that's fine yea, okay I think I would be more comfortable if I assume the friendly kind of vibe position. Thank you very much. So, as I was saying my self and my green hat we want to talk you today about identity. As many of you may know, I am the founder of Dimensionsofgold conglomerate but what you don't