Skip to main content

My Lovers 'EX-ecution'

"You are under arrest for the murder of  Sifon.
Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law.

You are allowed to call your lawyer,
but if you don't have any,
one would be provided for you".

Do you  understand?
Do you understand?

yes

Honestly,I don't think I did understand my fate.

I don't know what day it is today but hey, at least I'm still on earth not on the road to hell,
 that was what I was thinking as I joined my cell mates to perform our routine labor.
They are quite loud and I would never understand how they derived joy from being in prison( how would I?)
I was still going to be sentenced to death cause I kid you not,there is a whole hierarchy here,from the commander to the nobody, then me.

Pretty face 
Pretty face

yea,that's me.
They called me pretty face and it just made me remember those  good old days when I kept chanting;
I'm more than a pretty face,I'm intelligent and hardworking.If you wan't to compliment me,compliment my brain.
well,Hun you are a murderer and a pretty face here
you gotta be grateful.

Pretty face,you are gonna ignore me?
what's your crime?
 stealing some youghurt
I bet you can't even kill a fly

ahhhh,jokes on you
I thought I couldn't too

murder; I blurted out

murder?
Damn,you killed your mama
what did she do?
My boyfriend
I killed him.

I don't know how that conversation ended but I have a red eye and I'm in the hole now.
Yea,the hole is where they put you for maybe starting a fight in the prison,there is little or no light in here and you are basically alone.
It's like when doctors want to help depressed or suicidal patient and they isolate you or when they catch you trying to commit suicide and they arrest you.
Same,I don't understand the psychology behind that.

I want to believe their aim is to find you dead when your time of staying in the hole is over, usually one week but my mama ain't raise no weakling to die in a hole.
Plus,that was gonna be my sentence anyway,why die in a hole like a rat?
Be electrocuted like a king or shot dead like a soldier.(those would be my options)
I know right,I'm slowly turning into a psychopath.

Mehn,I'm tired of myself.

Sifon was the most handsome guy and i don't mean handsome in personality or just face or wasn't photogenic.
He was one of the few things I agreed with everyone because all men could testify he was a 10/10. 
I really wanted him,no I needed him.
I believed I was his ribs and hellooo I wasn't missing.
I was right everywhere he could turn(we worked at the same workplace),so I threw myself at him hoping he could find me.
  But how do you find something you are not searching for?
 How do you find something you didn't even know was missing?

Sifon didn't even notice me huh,okay he did just not in the way I wanted him to.

Once I overheard him telling our boss I was due for promotion,because I worked so hard and even took extra shifts,those were facts anyway but it wasn't for a promotion it was for him to notice me in a different light but every day his girlfriend would bring him lunch and they would suddenly become the goals at work as all those snitch co workers would 'awwn' the life out of me.

Any testifier in the house
I was the first to raise my hands
yea,I keep surprising myself
who would have thought a day would come where I wouldn't need to wait till when the moderator had ran out of breath shouting for testifiers before I would raise my hands like I'm doing God a favor by thanking Him.

Praise the Lord
Halleluyah

I want to thank God for all the battles he has fought for me privately
Thank you Lord for making a way where there seem to be no way
so am rendering this song unto the Lord
It shall be permanent,it shall be permanent
what the Lord has done for me it shall be permanent.

I couldn't say what my testimony was in church but hey no judgement
drum rolllllls

Sifon and his girlfriend broke up.

Is that not God?
He has done for me he has done for me
your hands...

Somehow they broke up,well not surprised.
 It was all meant to happen.
Plus,I had nothing to do with this
They were too good to be true,I'm the missing rib remember.

So I started dating him
yayyyyy
Don't ask me the process,some things are not meant to be known nor understood.
Sifon was amazing.
I'm emotional even thinking about him.

We had our disagreement but we always had a way of settling it without starting another fight then suddenly I started imagining everything negative.
My brain became a ticking time bomb.

We were just 3 months in but what if his ex sways her hips of lies towards him and he swings his heart back to her.
I started magnifying our disagreements and wondering if he ever had this kind of friction with his ex(the friction were the disagreement we had).
What if he was 'all I wanted' to his ex but was just using me to get over her?
What if this was all a lie and the chemistry I felt we had was all in my head?
What if I wasn't even his missing rib?
I became so aggressive towards him and started monitoring his every move.( yet even with this,he was calm like a Lamb)
I found nothing  but that was because he covered his tracks well,you can't convince me otherwise.

Then one day he said;
 some people choose apple over oranges,that doesn't mean oranges aren't good it just means they wanted the apple.
Wait,what?
He loved apples,his ex too and after the devil and his ex which were basically one and the same person,i hate apples.
No,this couldn't be a coincidence.
His ex was finding a way back into his life and he was using metaphor to try and break up with me.

So without thinking i decided to give my frustration an expression by destroying every apple that came my way.
I promise you they were all apples.
 Until i saw blood.

Sifon wasn't even with me when I started slicing and destroying every apple I saw
 so how come I was stabbing Sifon instead of apples?
I had stabbed Sifon severally and designed his body like I would an apple
I mean,I held an apple not a human being,
but it was Sifon.

I killed Sifon.

The murder weapon was in my hands soaked with blood,yet I couldn't believe it.
He did nothing wrong,they were all my imaginations.
I didn't even have a single proof.
He told me severally he would never go back to his ex,he never missed a chance to reassure me he was all mine but I killed him.
I sliced him till he took his last breath and I didn't even realize.

Did he fight back?
Did I suddenly become Anthony Joshua?
Did I become Samson?
Oh mehn,I was the Delilah in his life.
Sifon,you should have fought back.
Of what use did it do to you to be a gentle man till death?
Was your life not important to you?

I was in a state of shock but amidst it a thought stood out strongly 
"he is dead but at least he doesn't belong to anyone"
"his ex didn't want you to have him and now she doesn't too"
"For what is worth you should be proud,you were the one who killed him"
I was so proud that i called his ex and said;
"he remains mine forever" and hung up
I can't recall if she was the one that picked or her fiance.


Dami: Dada,you have an email.It better be that story about Sifon you wrote cause the way you are going you will kill me soon in this room and people will think it's a story.
Emmy: Dami,can you graduate already so you can stop talking to me and i can have peace
Dami: Sha read it so i can know if i should laugh or not

Miss Emmy

The story you submitted last week for the competition has be reviewed and we are proud to say,you are among the 3 selected  for the final competition come August 2020.
congratulations.
We will keep in touch to relay further information.

Thank you.


With that being written
This is Dimensionsofgold
and I am Emediong.







Comments

  1. Simply amazing... 😌 The fact this story uses an unreliable narrator makes it all the more complex. But I love the setup and execution. Really great work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Movie in few minutes.
    Writers dig the gold, Actors just wear them.
    Kudos to this Savant writer Dimensions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Emmie ❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Men

Dear men, Scratch that . Dear society, you know; never mind. I keep saying I want to have just boys because I want to teach them that being a guy isn't so much of a big deal,we all got blood running through our veins. When I listen to some guys speak it gets me annoyed,confused and a whole rush of different emotions I can't put into words. A woman speaks up for herself and she is labeled aggressive. Read the reason I left Feminism A woman tells you this is what she can put up with and y'all say she got an attitude that would lead her no where.  Well, I don't want to go no where with you and that mentality. When a guy does any of this some how the word personality appears in the dictionary and everyone goes on and on saying thats just his personality,"Its a masculine thing". Well, you are damn right it's a feminine thing that i won't put up with any thing you believe a woman should put up with simply because she is a woman and if it takes m

On Being A Feminist

The other day I was privileged to attend an event, it wasn't necessarily a church program but it centered around Christianity and women. So of course the guest speakers would be women but one was particularly very interesting. This lady  went on and on about how Christian women should act, which I agreed for the most part and learnt new  things. However, she took me aback with a particular statement she made "you can't be a Christian and a feminist". She went ahead to attempt to back up her claim by saying "feminism is a cult group". At this point the only thing I could utter was Hmmm, wahala dey o. I immediately had to google the meaning of feminism and right after I searched for misandry. I know there has been a lot of attack on people who identify as a feminists but this was the first time I heard "...you can't be both a Christian and a feminist". I had a lot of questions as you might have guessed. I honestly just wanted to understand where

My Identity Crisis

  Oh, hello This is uum kind of awkward. You would think after doing this for so many years, I would be so courageous and confident to stand before a crowd. It's almost like every event I'm invited for,is a chance to stand on the stage again for the very first time.  Somehow I believe that's the beauty of it all, the nervousness, excitement, the adrenaline spike that rushes through my body helping me prepare so I don't get so comfortable in my God-given abilities and slip up. Well, as some of you may know My name is Emediong Francis Udoudoh and I wear many hats but for this event, I choose to wear my green public speaking hat. Can I have a seat please? I hope that's fine yea, okay I think I would be more comfortable if I assume the friendly kind of vibe position. Thank you very much. So, as I was saying my self and my green hat we want to talk you today about identity. As many of you may know, I am the founder of Dimensionsofgold conglomerate but what you don't